DIVE WITH DR RICHARD HARRIS - cont..
Friday 6 to Sunday 8 December, 2019 - Mt Gambier, South Australia
A once in a lifetime experience awaits you in Mt Gambier – the home of Australian cave diving – with dive expert and 2019 joint Australian of the Year Dr Richard ‘Harry’ Harris.
An underwater wonderland with crystal-clear water renowned worldwide as one of the few freshwater sinkholes in Australia that is accessible to divers of all levels
A series of three water-filled limestone sinkholes in located about 25 kilometres south of Mount Gambier and 8.4 kilometres east of Port Macdonnell
The amazing dive with Dr Richard Harris OAM, Joint Australian of the Year
Friday December 6
Arrive and enjoy an evening dinner with Dr Richard Harris. Be enthralled by the story that had the world holding its breath. Dr Richard Harris OAM, joint Australian of the Year and KIDS Foundation ambassador will share his involvement in the dramatic Thailand cave rescue - a story of tenacity, courage and resilience
Saturday December 7
Enjoy breakfast at The Barn before being transported to two dive sites. Enjoy morning tea, coffee and lunch on location and relax in the evening with a group dinner to prepare for the next day’s adventure.
Sunday December 8
After breakfast re-visit the two dive sites to dive with Dr Harry again, enjoy morning tea and lunch before departing mid-afternoon.
* A once in a lifetime guided dive experience and the opportunity to support KIDS Foundation, Dr Harry’s chosen charity partner
* Two nights’ shared accommodation at the Barn, Mt Gambier
* Meals included;
* Breakfast (Saturday and Sunday morning)
* Morning tea, coffee and lunch, dinner (Saturday and Sunday)
* A welcome dinner and evening with Dr Harry (Friday)
* Dinner at the Barn (Saturday night)
* Transport to and from accommodation and cave sites
* Snorkel or scuba gear, wetsuit, access and permit fees to two dive sites
* Guides from Reef2Ridge
* Reef 2 ridge is a rated SDI/TDI 5 star instructor training centre offering all levels of dive training. They have a large fleet of hire equipment and staff who are all experienced cave divers with a passion for sharing these unique dive environments with as many people as possible.
* Certification level
Ewans Ponds & Kilsbys Sinkhole - Scuba divers must be over 18 and have a minimum certification of Open Water Diver. Snorkelers must be strong swimmers
All divers will be required to sign a Reef2Ridge waiver before they can dive. Dive guides and instructors all have professional insurances and the KIDS Foundation has public liability insurance.
ABOUT DR HARRY
Dr Harry made international headlines when he joined an international team of experts to rescue a group of 12 boys and their soccer coach from a flooded cave in Thailand. A near-impossible mission that had the whole world holding its breath. Have the chance to dive with Dr Harry and enjoy this story first-hand.
Dr Harry completed a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery at Flinders University and completed anaesthetics training in the United Kingdom and New Zealand. He works as an aeromedical consultant and anaesthetist for the South Australian Ambulance Service’s medical retrieval service and has worked on various medical assistance teams in natural disasters around the globe. He has been diving for more than 30 years and is a KIDS Foundation Ambassador.
Participation Fee: $3500
Deposit: $500 required at the time of booking
To register visit https://www.kidsfoundation.org.au/contact-us/dive-dr-harry, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 734 733.